Hikvision’s Proactive Approach to Cybersecurity: Team Expertise, Preparation, and Prevention
Cybersecurity threats are a challenge in any online, cloud, or Internet-based system or environment—from personal banking to large and small businesses. The reality is that cyber threats come with the convenience of being connected. It is becoming more important for companies and individuals to protect themselves and stay vigilant when it comes to protecting their digital assets, data, and private information.
At Hikvision, we pride ourselves on our diligence and dedicated approach to data protection. We continuously monitor the IT landscape and take all actions needed to ensure our products and systems stay cybersecurity resilient.
Our security pledge is outlined throughout our Cybersecurity Center, while also offering support and resources to answer the most common questions and guide our customers through the process of activating their own cybersecurity for their business.
Presence of Cybersecurity Threats
Cybersecurity threats lurk all around the Internet. Breaches are most often initiated by threat actors who are constantly scanning the Internet for exploitable vulnerabilities. They are searching for data and information to capture, manipulate and copy, to potentially use as currency.
Every day, attackers probe Internet-connected devices, looking for vulnerable systems to attack. Threats can range from criminal and malicious, to cause-related or hobbyist and innocuous. Regardless of the intent, Hikvision is continually building our defenses and strengthening our products and services to stay ahead of online threats and cyber-attacks.
Hikvision’s Customer Support
ur security systems and services are all-encompassing and cybersecurity is a top priority for all our products. Hikvision takes an end-to-end approach to protecting data, ranging from the development, manufacturing, and delivery, to the servicing of our video security products. We work side by side with our customers to help ensure their data remains protected, and we strongly encourage them to take additional precautions and monitor their systems.
Hikvision’s product security incident response team responds immediately to vulnerabilities and is quick to release security updates to our customers. We work continuously to:
- Test vulnerabilities at every stage of the software and product development life cycle, including scanning for vulnerabilities and software bugs.
- Regularly engage with third-party experts and partners to assess and test our products.
- Provide cybersecurity training for end-users and systems integrators/installers, including reference material and resources such as cybersecurity white papers.
Preparing for and Reducing the Threat
Organizations in every industry face the risk of cybersecurity attacks. Businesses can help improve their cybersecurity and protect their data by regularly following IT security best practices. Hikvision offers tips to reduce cyberattacks and security concerns:
- Limit the number of devices that are directly accessible from the Internet (use a VPN for remote access)
- Segment your networks
- Be sure to upgrade firmware and install security patches regularly
- Implement multi-factor authentication wherever possible
- Take inventory of infrastructure, ensure hardware and software is up to date
- Update default passwords to complex passwords that include uppercase, lowercase, numbers, and special characters
- Remain vigilant when opening emails and attachments
World-class cybersecurity should be a standard feature and integrated into every security product installed into every business. We encourage our customers to contact the Hikvision team for a better understanding of the potential threats facing your products, systems and network environment. An expert team is available to help support, protect, and prevent against the threat of a cyberattack.