Hikvision USA Learning Launches New Six Part Cybersecurity Training Series: Learn Key Tips for Boosting Surveillance System Security
Hikvision USA Learning & Development recently launched a free, 6-part cybersecurity training program that is available for viewing online. Designed to support integrators and partners in expanding their practical cybersecurity knowledge for general and surveillance-specific applications, these courses offer insightful tips to enhance cybersecurity efforts.
Courses were compiled and presented by Hikvision cybersecurity experts: Hikvision Senior Director of Cybersecurity Chuck Davis, Fred Streefland, Hikvision Director Cybersecurity EMEA, and David Burggraaf, Hikvision BNL Presales.
The full list of courses can be found online at this link. Here is a listing of the courses available in the training and some key highlights included in each one.
- Introduction to Cybersecurity: Provides a thoughtful introduction into cybersecurity, what hacking is, and cybersecurity in the physical security industry.
- Product Cybersecurity: Implementing product security over the product lifecycle to maximize cybersecurity of cameras, NVRs, and devices.
- Vulnerabilities: Overviews how vulnerabilities are found, responsible disclosure, and how vendors patch vulnerabilities.
- IoT Device Vulnerabilities: Covers software and configuration vulnerabilities, the importance of password management, and securing your cameras.
- Privacy & Compliance: Presentation on the EU law for data protection and privacy, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), misperceptions and use cases, and five key takeaways.
- Security In Practice: The risks in video surveillance systems (VSS) and the broad range of Hikvision cybersecurity features such as identity authorization and network monitoring protocol and how to use them.
Attendees are not required to participate in all six cybersecurity courses. Instead, you can pick and choose your preferred course to get the skills you need today. Simply register online for your preferred course and begin learning.