A Five Step Approach to Address Cybercrime, Prevent Hacks
Hikvision Tips to Reduce the Risk of Hack
The Security magazine article, “The Proactive Approach to Identifying Cybercriminals,” outlines a five step approach to address cybercrime and hacks.
From the article: “With a few keystrokes from a connected device anywhere in the world, cybercriminals can hack into corporate databases and steal intellectual property, trade secrets, consumer credentials, credit card information, sensitive personally identifiable information (PII), protected healthcare information (PHI), or launch DDoS, ransomware or malware attacks, launder money, etc. Our modern approach to crime fighting strategies must move away from the archaic strategy of taking out the ‘mob boss’ to cripple their infrastructure and operations, and instead, mirror the same sophistication and organization as cybercrime nemeses themselves.”
The five step approach to address hacks and cyber incidents are:
- Take action quickly to reduce disruption and financial losses.
- Make the data obsolete by resetting the account password.
- Report cyberattacks and inform law enforcement.
- Identify the compromise so you can patch holes, boost cybersecurity, and re-establish your security position.
- Collaborate with other organizations by informing other companies when you encounter their leaked or hacked data.
For additional insights and Hikvision tips to reduce the risk of hack, check out these Hikvision blogs:
- Hikvision Cybersecurity Director Outlines 3 Rules for Creating Good Passwords to Reduce Security Concerns and Hacking Risks
- UK Cybersecurity Center Releases List of Commonly Used Password at Risk of Hack