Do More for Less with Hikvision Retail Solutions: H.265+ Video Compression, HD Over Coax, POS Integration, Plus Pandemic Solutions for Skin-Temperature Screening and More
As retailers look for ways to meet today’s challenges, having a broad range of affordable solutions for video monitoring, security, and safety—such as skin-temperature screening and mask detection—are critical. Hikvision has a range of traditional, innovative, and unique products to help retailers ensure the security of people and assets, while maintaining a safe environment for staff, visitors and vendors.
Hikvision’s Value & Innovation
Hikvision offers retailers a wide range of solutions that combine value with innovation and cost savings. Our value line of cameras, DVRs and NVRs allow retailers to deploy more technology while meeting budget requirements.
Additional solutions include:
- H.265+ VIDEO COMPRESSION: H.265+ video compression technology reduces video bitrate streaming between 60 to 80 percent over the current H.264 industry standard. Leveraging H.265 and H.265+ greatly reduces network bandwidth usage and lowers storage requirements, leading to significant cost savings and better video transmissions over limited bandwidth. This provides a lower infrastructure investment that delivers high quality video.
- HD OVER COAX: TurboHD, with resolutions up to 4K, facilitates the move to high definition video by utilizing existing coaxial cable infrastructure, saving time and money. A TurboHD solution can often save up to 30 to 50 percent when compared with a similar IP conversion project.
- POINT-OF-SALE (POS) INTEGRATION: Leveraging the HikCentral software platform to manage multiple store locations can potentially boost profits. The cloud-based point-of-sale integration merges POS data with associated video, providing better visibility into financial transactions. Utilize exception reporting to view trends and identify potentially fraudulent activity.
Learn more on our retail solutions webpage at this link.
Affordable Innovation to Meet Today’s Challenges
Beyond our value-driven and feature-packed security technology, Hikvision has a portfolio of products designed to meet business requirements during the pandemic. These include skin-temperature pre-screening, mask detection, social distancing and density monitoring, and more.
Hikvision’s new Back to Business webpage details how these solutions work in more detail.
- TEMPERATURE SCREENING SOLUTIONS: Easy-to-operate Hikvision temperature screening solutions—cameras in multiple housing models, a metal detector with temperature screening, and mask detection with access control—make it simpler to create and maintain a safe work environment. Skin-surface temperature screening takes less than one second, is highly accurate, and offers contactless measurement from a distance.
- MASK DETECTION: Hikvision's mask detection solution is touch-free and integrated with access control. And, it can confirm with audible notification if an individual entering your premises is wearing a mask.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING & DENSITY CONTROL: Our social distancing and density solutions use deep learning people-counting cameras, network video recorders (NVRs), digital signage boxes, and our iVMS-4200 application to calculate and notify when social density and distancing exceptions occur.
View the Hikvision solutions webpage for more.
*Disclaimer: Hikvision USA Inc. products depicted herein are not FDA approved medical devices and are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease. When configured correctly, the Hikvision products discussed herein can identify elevated human skin-surface temperature relative to a sample population.