CCPA Notice at Collection for California Employees and Job Applicants
Last Updated: January 2021
Hikvision USA Inc. (“Hikvision”) adopts this Notice at Collection to California employees and job applicants regarding the collection of Personal Information to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice at Collection.
Hikvision is committed to protecting the privacy and security of Personal Information. In the course of its business, Hikvision collects and uses Personal Information of job applicants, prospective employees, and employees. This Notice at Collection describe the categories of Personal Information Hikvision collects and the purpose for which Hikvision intends to use these information.
Categories of Personal Information Hikvision Collects:
Hikvision collects the categories of Personal Information listed below directly from you and the information you provide during your job application process, your employment onboarding process, during the selection of your benefits as an employee, and your employment process at Hikvision.
- Identifying information, such as your full name, gender, date of birth, and signature.
- Demographic data, such as race, ethnic origin, marital status, disability, and veteran or military status.
- Contact information, such as your home address, telephone numbers, email addresses, and emergency contact information.
- Dependent's or other individual's information, such as their full name, address, date of birth, and Social Security numbers (SSN).
- National identifiers, such as SSN, driver license information, passport and visa information, and immigration status and documentation.
- Educational and professional background, such as your work history, academic and professional qualifications, educational records, references, and interview notes.
- Employment details, such as your job title, position, hire dates, compensation, performance and disciplinary records, and vacation and sick leave records.
- Financial information, such as banking details, billing/expense information for reimbursement, tax information, payroll information, and withholdings.
- Health and Safety information, such as health conditions (if modification is needed through doctor note during your employment with the company), job restrictions, workplace illness and injury information, and health insurance policy information.
- Information Systems (IS) information, such as your search history, browsing history, login information, and IP addresses on Company's information systems and networks.
- Biometric information, such as facial recognition, fingerprints, or other physical patterns.
- Geolocation data, such as time and physical location related to use of an internet website, application, device, or physical access to a Company office location.
- Sensory or surveillance information, such as COVID-19 related temperature checks and call monitoring and video surveillance.
- Profile or summary about an applicant/employee's preferences, characteristics, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Purpose for which Hikvision intends to use these information:
Hikvison collects and uses these information for human resources, employment, benefit administration, health and safety, and business-related purposes, and where necessary to comply with any local, state, and federal legal obligations. Purpose for the use of these Personal Information includes:
- Complying with all applicable laws and regulations, complying with legal orders and government requests, and responding to subpoena or similar legal process to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts.
- Recruitting and evaluating job applicants and candidates for employment.
- Conducting background checks.
- Managing your employment relationship with Hikvison, including for:
- onboarding processes;
- timekeeping, payroll, and expense report administration;
- employee benefits administration;
- employee training and development requirements;
- the creation, maintenance, and security of your online employee accounts;
- reaching your emergency contacts when needed, such as when you are not reachable or are injured or ill;
- workers' compensation claims management;
- employee job performance, including goals and performance reviews, promotions, discipline, and termination; and
- other human resources purposes
- Managing and monitoring employee access to company facilities, equipment, and systems.
- Conducting internal audits and workplace investigations.
- Investigating and enforcing compliance with and potential breaches of Hikvision’s policies and procedures.
- Maintaining commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers' compensation and other liability insurance.
- Performing workforce analytics, data analytics, and benchmarking.
- Administering and maintaining Hikvision’s operations, including for workplace safety maintenance purposes.
- For client marketing purposes.
- Exercising or defending the legal rights of Hikvision, its affiliates and its employees.
Hikvision will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information collected for materially different purpose, unless an additional and/or updated notice has been first provided to you.
If you have any questions about this Notice at Collection, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Hikvison USA Inc.
Attn: Legal & HR Department
18639 Railroad Street,
City of Industry, CA 91748
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org